The owl is a bird of night life with a big head and big eyes looking forward. These eyes, perfectly adapted to the darkness, give exceptional night vision. És a stealthy and effective bird in its silent flight. Currently we can find them in every continent except Antarctica.
With these peculiar characteristics, it is not surprising that has been granted to the owls a magical symbolism throughout history and across cultures, becoming as the bird of wisdom, observation, protection and knowledge.
Now, I show you the "Owl Night Light". It is about creating a small lamp that illuminates the happy dreams of the kids.
- White plastic bottles (recycling the bottle of the drinkable yogurt, for example)
- Normal scissors or cutter
- Rounded scissors (also used to cut your nails)
- Adhesive black paper
- Candle (works with button batteries and this one, in particular, makes different colored light)
STEP BY STEP
- We begin by thoroughly clean the plastic bottle to remove all traces of food. Then mark the outline of the bottle. To get a straight line, you can follow this trick: put the marker on top of a book, as you can see in the picture, and then, you have to go round the bottle to mark around the perimeter. More or less, the height should be about 2,4 inch (6 cm).
- Cut the bottle.
- Draw the pieces of the owl on the back of adhesive black paper.
- Cut all the pieces. To crop the circle of the eyes we can use a rounded scissors. To cut a round black eyes you can use a office hole punch.
- Once cut the pieces,remove the paper from the adhesive side and paste into our pot. To paste the eye area, we have to cut the sides of the eyes (as you can see in the picture) so you will get a good work.
Now all you need is to put the candle inside… so kids will have a great friend of the night! . This candle does not emanate heat so do not worry, the plastic will not melt! :)